Jurgen Klopp is encouraged by videos of Virgil van Dijk training in the fitness center however alerted the commanding Liverpool centre-back still has a long roadway to healing ahead of him.
Van Dijk suffered a severe knee injury during the 2-2 draw against Everton in October’s Merseyside derby, as a result of a robust challenge from Jordan Pickford.
He is likely to miss out on the majority of the season while his status for the delayed Euro 2020 stays unclear.
Today, Reds fans would have been improved by the sight of Van Dijk’s exercises in Dubai – where Netherlands fantastic Clarence Seedorf also dropped in.
” Good, very excellent I have no problem speaking about Virgil van Dijk,” Klopp said when previewing Monday’s Premier League clash against Van Dijk’s former club Southampton.
” It’s great but still a long way to go that’s (the handle) this type of injury. I’m pleased when I see these videos since it simply reveals he makes good development however it will still take a lot of time that’s how it is.
” I ‘d like to state something else however these are the realities sadly.”
Liverpool head to Southampton on the back of 2 successive draws, with their lead at the top of the Premier League cut to simply three points – indeed, Manchester United will be level with the Reds ought to they beat Aston Villa on Friday.
Southampton, meanwhile, have not won in 4 video games, drawing three of them, however Ralph Hasenhuttl assessed his team making huge strides forward in 2020.
” It’s actually an excellent 2020, apart from the basic situation of not having a typical life for everybody, but I hope this will come back and we will end this season in a various method to what we have at the minute,” stated Hasenhuttl, who has been cleared to stop self-isolating after returning a negative COVID-19 test outcome.
Vestergaard has actually been a crucial cog for Southampton this season, with his passing capability and aerial prowess showing key. Up against Liverpool’s terrifying attack – albeit one which has actually not been shooting on all cylinders just recently – he will have to be at his finest.
Liverpool – Nathaniel Phillips
With Joel Matip signing up with Van Dijk and Joe Gomez on the sidelines, Phillips was called on against Newcastle United. The child performed all right, though was provided the run around at times by Callum Wilson, and Che Adams and Danny Ings should show to be a more testing strike force.
KEY OPTA FACTS
* Southampton have lost each of their last six Premier League conferences with Liverpool, scoring just twice and conceding 17 objectives in these games.
* Liverpool have won their first league video game in just one of the last eight fiscal year when kicking off the new year far from home (D4 L3), with that success coming at Burnley in 2018.
* Southampton have actually played out back-to-back goalless draws in the Premier League for the very first time because October 2018 under Mark Hughes – they have never ever signed up three successive goalless attracts their league history.
* Considering that Hasenhuttl organized Southampton in December 2018, ex-Liverpool forward Ings has been straight associated with 38 objectives in the Premier League (31 objectives and 7 assists); 16 more than the player with the next most at the club in this period (22 – James Ward-Prowse).
* Liverpool forward Mohamed Salah has scored seven goals in his six Premier League video games against Southampton, only scoring more versus Bournemouth (8) and Watford (8) in the competitors.