(Simba SC win 4-1 on aggregate and continue to the CAF Champions League Group Stage).

FC PLATINUM experienced a horrible outing in Tanzania the other day after they were told five key players had checked favorable for COVID-19 moments before the definitive CAF Champions League encounter that was ruined by disgraceful officiating in favour of hosts, Simba Sports Club.

The match, called “War in Dar” by the hosts, turned out to be a genuine fight on and off the pitch as Simba SC were implicated of employing unclean techniques to get the outcome they needed at the Benjamin Mkapa Stadium in Dar-es-salaam to advance to the group stage of the competitors at the expense of the Zimbabweans.

FC Platinum brought a 1-0 advantage entering into the clash following their triumph at the National Sports Stadium in Harare two weeks back. They had hoped to secure their lead and development to the group stage for the 3rd time in a row.

But they experienced the worst of African football before catching objectives from veteran defender Erasto Nyoni, Shomari Kapombe, John Bocco and Zambian Clatous Chama.

The Zimbabweans played the game under demonstration after players, who consisted of goalkeeper and skipper Petros Mhari, Lawrence Mhlanga, Silas Songani, Ransome Pavari and Congolese forward Eli Ilunga, were told they had returned positive Covid-19 results about two hours prior to kickoff.

Three authorities, who included team manager Joseph Mususa, goalkeepers’ fitness instructor Tembo Chuma and medic Jeskia Chavurura, were also reported to have checked positive for Covid-19.

The hosts nevertheless, held on to the results of the Covid-19 tests that were conducted on Monday up until the l lth hour. There were inquiries whether the results had actually not been damaged following similar grievances by Nigerian attire, Plateau United, who experienced the same circumstance against Simba SC in the preliminary round.

The Nigerians have actually since used up the matter with CAF after learning that the impacted players were negative when they retested them at a personal healthcare facility.

FC Platinum, who evaluated their gamers before leaving Harare, had travelled with a squad of 23 but they were left with 16 gamers readily available for selection as 2 others were bring injuries.

Mapeza had to redo his line-up as four of the players who reportedly returned favorable outcomes had been prepared in the starting eleven.

Obviously, the FC Platinum players could not handle the injury and from their body movement it appeared they had actually lost the match long prior to the kickoff.

The Zimbabweans were not mentally geared up and they lacked the composure and toughness anticipated at this level of the competitors.

They brought their frustrations into the video game and the contested penalty they yielded got worse the already bad circumstance.

FC Platinum gamers were unsettled and they made unnecessary errors, which contributed to their own failure.

The Zimbabweans were lucky to complete the video game with all the players on the field. They wasted many of their energy and time remonstrating with the referee instead of focusing on the game, which was within reach if they had managed to bury the two scoring opportunities that Ralph Kawondera rejected in the second half when Simba were still leading 1-0.

The Tanzanians were granted a hotly contested penalty by the Gabonese referee in charge of the video game after Tawana Chikore was adjudged to have actually fouled Mozambican international Luis Miquissone. However television replays showed that the foul was devoted simply outside package and there was a six minutes’ standoff as the going to gamers went out prior to Mapeza advised them to go back onto the pitch.

Nyoni offered the hosts the advancement from the resultant area kick after 39 minutes.

The second goal was also disputed as Kapombe, who scored from a rebound by second-choice goalkeeper Francis Tizayi, appeared to have actually been in offside position when the preliminary shot was taken by teammate Rally Bwalya.

FC Platinum played with purpose in the 2nd half however substitute John Bocco had the game beyond reach when he tapped in the 3rd objective from close range from a go by Bwalya in included time.

Chama then put in the last nail from the spot following a hasty piece of safeguarding by the visitors.

FC platinum will now drop to the second-tier Confederation Cup where they will take another chance at group stage qualification.

The draws for the Confederation Cup play-offs and the Champions League Group phase will be held at the CAF headquarters in Egypt tomorrow.


Simba SC: A. Manula, S. Kapombe, M. Hussein, J. Onyango, P. Wawa, E. Nyoni, R. Bwalya, S. Ndeml (S. Juma, 61st minutes), C. Mugalu (M. Kagere, 76th minutes, J. Bocco, 85th min), C. Chama, L. Miquissone.

FC Platinum: F. Tizayi, G. Mbweti, T. Chikore, G. Bello, D. Dzvinyai, N. Chinyerere, K. Madzongwe, D. Khumalo (R. Muduviwa, 59th min), R. Kawondera, P. Chikwende, R. Kutsanzira,.