Christmas quiz round 4: Test your general knowledge
10. The 1966 World Cup final is the most-watched television programme in the UK, with 32.3 million viewers, followed by the funeral service of Diana, Princess of Wales, and the 1969 Royal Family documentary. In 4th location is the Apollo 13 splashdown; which football match a fortnight later is at No 5?
1. Clockwise from leading left: Vanuatu, Vatican City, Vietnam, Venezuela.
2. Oxford University; it is the conventional name for the Classics course there.
3. They are all rough equivalents of Daddy Christmas. Babbo Natale is the Italian version; in Italian folklore there is also La Befana, an old lady who delivers presents on Epiphany Eve. Deushka Moroz is a Santa Claus-type figure, usually outfitted in blue and rooted in Slavic paganism, who delivers presents on New Year’s Eve. Kris Kringle is likewise understood as Christkindl – the Christ Kid – the Austrian and German Christmas gift-bringer.
4. Mia Wallace (Uma Thurman) to Vince Vega (John Travolta) in Quentin Tarantino’s Pulp Fiction.
8. He made the very first withdrawal from an ATM in front of professional photographers as part of a campaign to publicise the brand-new center.
9. Dolly the cloned sheep.
10. Chelsea’s triumph versus Leeds United in the 1970 FA Cup final replay, which was watched by nearly 28.5 million audiences.